Sunday, January 13, 2013

Golden Globes: The Dresses!


Hello, my gorgeous fans! I hope everyone enjoyed the Golden Globes, I know I did. I thought Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were absolutely hilarious and underused, AND they looked gorgeous! None of the winners were big surprises to me, although I was sad that Jessica Lange didn't win for American Horror Story, but I hear Julianne Moore was terrific as Sarah Palin and I am definitely going to check out that movie. I was very happy that Jessica Chastain won for her performance in Zero Dark Thirty. She gave a fabulous, subtle performance and I loved the film. Anne Hathaway's win was no surprise, and I was happy for her since I loved her in the film, but I wanted to punch her in the face when she added to her acceptance speech when Les Miserables won for best musical/comedy picture...you had your time...go away. Also, Jodie Foster's speech was bizarre. A lot of people were saying it was inspiring, and I guess it was, but it also made me enormously uncomfortable.

ANYWAY! Onto the dresses. Here are some of my faves...


Kate Hudson looked AMAZING in her Alexander McQueen dress! LOVE IT!


Adele looked lovely in Burberry and her hair and makeup were fabulous as usual! Hope she sings her song live at the Oscars!


Jessica Alba looked gorgeous in her peach Oscar de la Renta dress. Great hair, makeup, jewelry, she looked gorgeous.


Naomi Watts wore a dramatic Zac Posen dress and I really liked it!


Anne Hathaway, as annoying as she is, looked lovely in her white Chanel dress.


Jennifer Lopez looked stunning in her Zuhair Muhad dress. I don't LOVE the dress, but her hair and makeup are stunning and she looks amazing.



I don't really like this Rachel Weisz's Louis Vuitton dress, but her hairy and makeup are just a dream and she's just a stunning lady.


I thought Nicole Kidman's Alexander McQueen dress was really chic and interesting looking. Not my FAVORITE, but she definitely pulled it off. 


Julianne Moore looked elegant in her Tom Ford dress. The back is a little weird, but she looked amazing.


Here are some dresses I didn't like....

Jessica Chastain was AMAZING in Zero Dark Thirty, but her look for the Golden Globes was lackluster. Her Calvin Klein dress was unflattering and her hairstyle aged her...it almost looked like she had a bald spot...and she's GORGEOUS! She got some bad advice on this look.


Thought Halle Berry's whole look was a miss. She's always gorgeous, just wasn't into it.


Lucy Liu's dress and hair and entire look was puzzling.








No comments:

Post a Comment