Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My current nail obsession



Hello, my gorgeous, amazing fans. So, I am obsessed with Adele and Lana Del Rey, despite their very different levels of talent. I love Lana's look, and enjoy her dark, weird, oddly haunting songs. Adele is just the best in every way as well, but is clearly the superior artist, BUT BOTH ALWAYS HAVE AMAZING nails! In Lana's "Born to Die" video she has a killer manicure with red v shaped tips, and a gold stripe on the v...obsessed. Adele always has amazing nails too. A highlight for me when it comes to Adele's nails was at the Grammy's when her nails matched her Louboutin pumps, but I also love the look she does where she'll have a nude color and then black tips...obsessed. Today I tried out doing one of Lana's nail looks, without the gold stripe, and I'm obsessed with it. I made the mistake of letting the woman doing them put the red on top of two coats of the nude and it's ALREADY chipping, but after doing some research, I found that if you use tape to make the v-shape you can then apply the nude color and then take the tape off and have the perfect V to fill in with the red color you so choose. Still on the hunt for a good gold to complete this look. Obsessed... for my nails I used the Christian Dior Safari Beige and OPI Little Red Wagon. 







No comments:

Post a Comment