Sunday, July 1, 2012

NBC will broadcast live performance of "The Sound of Music"


Hello, my gorgeous fans! NBC is going back to their roots and will broadcast a live performance of The Sound of Music, done much like the legendary broadcast of Cinderella with Julie Andrews back in the day. No casting details yet, but I have a feeling that Laura Osnes may be reprising the role of Maria. Osnes did a concert version of the classic show at Carnegie Hall a few months back and she is starring in a new stage version of the Rodgers and Hammerstein Cinderella on Broadway, also starring Victoria Clark as the Fairy Godmother. I might be wrong about this and they could possibly go for a bigger star (I can just see Anne Hathaway practicing "I Have Confidence" in her bedroom), but I am putting my money on Laura Osnes as Maria...and me as Mother Abbess. If you don't know who Laura Osnes is, look bellow.


No comments:

Post a Comment