Sunday, September 2, 2012

Buffy, Season 4 revisited


Hello, my gorgeous slayer loving fans. So, because the world is sometimes a good place, Chiller is having a Buffy marathon and right now they're playing season 4. I love Buffy, if you haven't already noticed from my frequent posts about it, and for years I had said that season 4 is by FAR my least favorite. Having revisited the season at a more...um...mature stage(?) I realized that my initial dislike for this season was how upsetting it was to see Buffy, who ruled Sunnydale High by the time she was out of there, start from scratch and struggle through some not so great experiences...the first episode of the season still haunts me...BUT...I realized...that's the genius of the show.

Joss Whedon and the other writers for the show could take a common, awful life experience, and put a super natural twist into it to make it work with the show and teach you a lesson about life, usually encouraging you to be a good person and make good decisions and that the good guys can work together for a greater good. Also, Sarah Michelle Gellar really looks great in this season. I mean, I love the way she looks always, but they really got her hair right in this season I feel. Also, Willow becomes a lesbian, Riley is hot and the season finale is just the most genius thing ever. While it's not my FAVORITE season, season 4 has moved up my list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment