Sunday, September 2, 2012

Some broadway gems!

Hello, my gorgeous fans who love high belting. Last night/morning I could NOT sleep! I probably didn't shut my eyes until 6:30 a.m. OY! Anyway, I find that the best thing to do when you can't sleep is watch amazing clips on youtube. I started the evening watching clips of Wicked for some research...no need to go into why (wink, wink), but I started watching Kendra Kassebaum, who has a weird, weird, sometimes thrilling voice, and she's completely hilarious as Glinda (check out her last "Popular," pretty hilarious and I HATE this song), but what I REALLY liked, was her full-throated, belted C at the end of the number (6:50) followed by a lovely high C in head voice. 


 


Somehow this clip got me to watch Jennifer Hudson singing "I'm Here," from The Color Purple (also immortalized by Zach Altman at our Duplex show), but THEN I found this amazing clip of Fantasia on Broadway at her final show. First of all, her singing is just over the top amazing, secondly, the audience and the girl taping it just make it even more enjoyable.



Then I thought, "Hmmm...I wonder if there's footage from Dreamgirls with Audra, Norm, Heather, etc..."...well, there is. Audra's sassy dancing, pushed chest, full-voiced head voice and sweat pants are just terrific. I wish SO badly that there was a video of Heather Headley's DISASTROUS "Ain't No Party," but this will have to do for now.



And finally this wonderment....how did she do this night after night and can STILL sing, let alone speak! Amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment