Friday, September 14, 2012

Naked 2 Urban Decay Palette review!


So, I finally broke down and purchased this palette: Urban Decay's Naked 2 Palette. This is the second palette of this type, and as many people have written, the first one had more gold/neutrals, and these colors are cooler/neutrals. I have to say, the packaging is very nice. It's sturdy, has nice big mirror, and I didn't photograph it, but it comes with a pretty nice brush. It's double ended. One end is a flat eye shadow brush that pats the shadow into place and the other end is for blending.

Now, the colors! For the most part, this palette doesn't disappoint. I'll go in order from left to right. Unfortunately, the first color is the worst color in the palette. It's called Foxy. Foxy is a bright yellow that I'm sure is intended to be a base color...but it is like invisible dust. It really bugs me because the rest of the colors are SO great and this one just does NOT go on hardly at all, it's shocking. Half Baked is the next color, it's a nice shimmery, gold color that is very pigmented, typical quality shadow by Urban Decay, so very good. The next color over, Bootycall, is a goldy, pale, pink color. It's slightly shimmery and it's great for the inner corner of the eye, for highlighting the brow bone, etc. 

Chopper is the next color over, and it's a color I have in another palette, and I really like it. It's a nice shimmery, copper, brown that applies beautifully. The next color, Tease, is maybe my favorite color...no, second favorite. It's the only other matte color in the palette and it's just perfect as a base for your crease or if you want to do a more subtle crease. I like to put this in my crease, blend it and then go over it with a more dramatic color, but blending this first gives your dramatic color smokey edges. Good stuff. Snakebite and Suspect are very similar colors, one is slightly goldy and the other is more silvery brown. They're both lovely. 

Pistol, the next color over, is a gorgeous, deep, shimmery gray color and next to it is Verve which is a great, pigmented silver that can be used for your lid, the corners of your eye, etc. YDK is a gorgeous shimmery brown that I LOVE to use with Busted, the next color over. Busted is my favorite color because it is a cooler brown, but it also has some red and purple in it. It also applies gorgeous. Blackout is a matte black that is great. Every palette should have a matte black and a matte brown and this one does and they're both great.

This is a WONDERFUL palette, especially if you're into shimmery, neutral color. My ONLY complaint is that there are only 3 matte shades. For neutral eyes, matte colors are better, especially if we're calling this the "Naked" palette, BUT it's okay because the colors are great and so is the packaging. 

3 comments:

  1. I use foxy as a highlighter! i love this palette :) great in depth review

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicky! I will try using it as a highlighter and see if I hve more luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely! since there are so many shimmers :)

      vickyhoang.blogspot.com

      Delete