Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Various NARS products: review

Hello, my gorgeous, makeup applying fans. I don't know why, but I have a SERIOUS weakness for NARS. I don't know what it is. To be honest, it is nowhere close to my favorite brand, I am often disappointed by their eye shadows and it's overpriced...but I can't stop stocking up on NARS! I don't know if it's the sleep packaging?! Or maybe it's the names they choose...there's a blushes called "Deep Throat," "Orgasm," "Striptease," etc...do these names just make me feel so dirty in the best possible way? I don't know, but I have so much NARS in my makeup case.


I wrote a post a while back about how I'm often disappointed with their eye shadows. I find them chalky or impossible to work with. Their glitter eye shadows make no sense...they're like hard...and look like frozen ice cone...anyway...I DO like their lip and face products though. One of my favorites is a highlighter they sell called "Albatross." It's a pale white/yellow that I just find really flattering. It glows in the pan and on your face. I also got the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation which I haven't tried yet, but will review once I do.


I also got a BUNCH of different lip products. I am very into a nude lip and went a little nuts buying some nude lip products. I got 2 lipsticks. One is called "Promiscuous," which is just a sheer, shimmery, beige color. I would have preferred for it to be more pigmented, it's TOO sheer. Too bad because it looked promising in the store. "Honolulu Honey" is a similar color, but a matte finish and I actually really like this one. It has enough pigment, it's subtle and looks even better with the "Spring Break" gloss I got over it. I LOVE this gloss. It is PERFECT. I don't love gloss with big glitter particles in it. I prefer a slight shimmer and this is perfect because it's beige with a gold shimmer in it. LOVE! Highly recommend this product. This is part of their new "Larger Than Life" gloss line. It's just gorgeous. I also got the "Albatross" gloss, which I LOOOOVE as well! It's the same pale white/yellow color as the highlighter. I just love it, it might not be for everyone though.


I also got two of these "Velvet Matte Lip Pencils," one in "Belle de Jour," a nude and "Cruella," which is red. I don't know if I'm all about these jumbo lip pencils. I reviewed a NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil that I really liked (for a 4th of the price) that was very pigmented and blended well. Even though I love the color, the shimmery nude one just wasn't enough for me. The red one is fine too...I don't know, I wasn't thrilled with these at all, was mostly just curious. 






No comments:

Post a Comment