Thursday, November 1, 2012

I LOVE American Horror Story! (Spoilers)



So, I was DEFINITELY skeptical when I heard the premise of the second season of American Horror Story, but my skepticism has been met with a scary, entertaining, well acted show that I am SO into!!! I LOVED the first season, but after a while I found the family annoying and wanted more of the rest of the cast and of course found the house a little limiting...I LOVED IT, I'm just saying. The setting is just so creepy and the characters are just crazy, campy amazingness.

I could watch Jessica Lange act out anything, literally anything, and luckily, since the series will continue changing the settings every season, hopefully we will get to watch her play more amazing characters. At first I was nervous that she was going to play a hardcore nun who was righteous and steadfast in her faith/be boring, but don't worry. Sister Jude has a DARK past! She was a slutty lounge singer, alcoholic who killed a little girl in a hit and run. I am also just OBSESSED that in the flashback scenes they made know attempt to make her look younger. In the last season they used special effects and makeup to do flashback scenes for Jessica Lange's character...not in this season. So we get a boozy, sultry Jessica Lange in a red dress and slinky dress looking her age and hitting on young sailors...YES!

Sarah Paulson, who I've always REALLY liked, is fabulous as the lesbian journalist. Evan Peters is also really good as the suspected serial killer, and we get to see his butt sometimes, so that's fun. Lily Rabe gets to have fun playing innocent and now insane and slutty and she does a great job of it. James Cromwell is SOOOOO SCARY!!! SOOOO CREEPY!! I'm also enjoying the modern day story going on with Adam Levine and Jenna Tatum. At first I was like, What is this? But now I'm into it and like how it's unfolding. Zachary Quinto is always appealing, but I'm waiting to find out what the "Deal" is with his character...there MUST be something going on there....I guess we'll find out! WATCH THIS SHOW! The second season is looking like it's going to be even better than the first!

No comments:

Post a Comment