Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Review: Adam Lambert's Trespassing!


Hello, my gorgeous fans! The other night I was bored, depressed, etc, and I was so excited to see that Adam Lambert's new CD was out. While I think he just seems like...so...annoying as a person, it doesn't mean I don't think his singing is just OUTRAGEOUSLY amazing. This is his second studio album after his stint on American Idol. The first album wasn't so much a HIT even though it had some fabulous songs on it ("Whataya Want From Me," "If I Had You," "Sleepwalker," etc), also he majorly messed up by acting like an oversexed weirdo on his TV appearance singing "For Your Entertainment," and just turned EVERYONE off. It wasn't just about being gay, it was just unattractive and forced. 

Luckily, he has released this sophomore album which I think in MANY ways is far superior to the first one. A lot of what was wrong with the first was some bad, WAY too pop princessy songs that just don't match is bad boy, makeup wearing image. Also, the highlight songs from the first album had a very cool, modern sound that is WAY more present on this second album. Adam had a hand in writing every song in the album BESIDES (ironically) my favorite song, "Better Than I Know Myself," which is absolutely stunning. Stunningly written, stunningly sung, just fabulous. The other really killer song is "Never Close Our Eyes," which is cowritten with Bruno Mars, which is cool. This song is uptempo, fiercely sung, awesome lyrics, it's just SO good. 

Some other highlights on the album are "Cuckoo," which is a fun rock and roll song, "Shady" is a funky, fun song, "Kickin' In" is the story of many of the women I know's lives. It also sort of sounds like Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough," but also doesn't...so it's just sort of fun. "Broken English" is a totally cool song, sort of sounds like a slightly edgy 90s song, and Adam's repeated, belted Eflats are worth the price of admission on this song, incredible. "Runnin'" is sort of a throw away, but Adam's AMAZING singing in this is just so rough and awesome. 

Also...just to make this clear...Adam could sing me the phone book and I'd be like feverishly waiting for him to riff up to an amazing Eflat, D, F? His singing is just flawless. He can sing delicately and floaty, and then wail his face off. I love Adam Lambert's singing. My only REAL complaint about this album is that he's not wearing NEARLY enough eye makeup on the cover...GOD. Check out this album, and if not the whole thing "Never Close Our Eyes" and "Better Than I Know Myself." Also, check out vintage Adam in The 10 Commandments. P.S: Yes, that's shirtless Val Kilmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment