Wednesday, May 23, 2012

American Horror Story Season 2 DEETS!!!



Hello, gorgeous ones! So, my favorite show of the year, American Horror Story, is getting under way for a second season. Creator, Ryan Murphy, let us know at the end of the Season 1 finale, that the second season would take place in a completely different place with many of the same actors playing different characters. Here are some of the first details about the second season...



"It’s set in an institution for the criminally insane that Jessica Lange’s character runs, which is a really, really, really fun thing to do because you can write all these people locked up in it. And I guess if the first season was about infidelity, the second season is about sanity. What makes someone sane or insane? Sometimes the people you think are insane are actually the most sane of all. It’s fun to write about people who society throws away.
I haven’t said this publicly, but the new season is set in the sixties. [One] character is institutionalized for being a lesbian. To me, there’s nothing more scary than somebody coming to you and saying they’re going to take you away and put you in a mad house and you have no legal rights and there you shall stay till the end of your days. That is a real horror.
I think that people will love seeing Evan Peters, who was last season’s ultimate badass bad boy and this year is the hero of the show. It’s not like the actors are playing similar parts. They’re going to look different, they’re going to sound different, they’re going to have different accents. It’s a different time period. The actors are so excited to do that and hopefully their enthusiasm will translate."

Sounds fun! I love that it's set in the 60s, but I wonder if an asylum will be limiting? I mean, I guess most of the first season took place in the house...I don't know, I bet I will like it anyway. Hopefully we'll get some amazing 60s hair and makeup. Also...where is my cameo!??! 

No comments:

Post a Comment