Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Battle of the eye shadow primers!

Hello, gorgeous ones. There are many different brands of eye shadow primer and most of the ones I've tried are actually good, but here are my thoughts on a few. One of the most popular ones is the Urban Decay primer potion. It's probably the most popular and it's easy to understand why: It is packaged nicely, it applies easily and it comes in a few different colors. I honestly have nothing negative to say about it. It does the job. Another one I REALLY like is the TOO Faced Shadow Insurance. I find this one is a little more sticky when you apply it, so things REALLY meld with it and just stay put. Urban Decay's primer potion is sheerer, I find this to be more heavy duty.

I think those two are my favorites, but I have tried others. MAC Paint pots are popular, but I find that they are too oily to really do the job they're supposed to do most of the time. Also, I LOVE NYX Jumbo Pencils, but seeing people use them as the only eye shadow base/primer is weird to me because they definitely, definitely crease without a little help from another product. The NARS Smudge Proof Eye Shadow primer is also very good, but it's $5 more than the Urban Decay and $6 more than the TOO Faced, so...unless you just LOVE NARS, I'd go for the other two. Also, the Smashbox primer is okay as well, I just don't find it superior to the TOO Faced or Urban Decay and it's slightly more expensive. I hope you all prime your eyes and have sparkly eye shadow ALL NIGHT LONG :)!


No comments:

Post a Comment