Thursday, April 19, 2012

Judy Kuhn and Melissa Errico in Passion

Hello, gorgeous fans!!! Well, I got some exciting news today! A revival of Sondheim's musical, Passion, will be revived in spring 2013 starring Judy Kuhn as Fosca and Melissa Errico as Clara. For those of you who don't know Judy Kuhn: She is the voice of Pocahontas, the original Broadway Cosette, etc. Melissa Errico is a beautiful, beautiful singer who has been in musicals like Amour, a revival of My Fair Lady, and Dracula, OH, and wife of Patrick McEnroe. I honestly can't imagine a more beautiful night of singing. The only thing I'm NOT excited for is John Doyle. John Doyle directed truly fabulous productions of Sweeney Todd and Company where the performers played their own instruments. I really enjoyed them, but I found myself wishing for revivals of those shows with fabulous concepts that didn't have such a huge gimmick at the center of them. For Passion, I just cannot picture Fosca leaping from her bed and playing the saxophone. I am sure he will somehow tie in Fosca finally making love to Giorgio by also discovering she can ALSO play an instrument too, but only after being sexually awakened like everyone else is in the show, or something...oye. I just want Judy Kuhn to sing perfectly, act with sensitivity and not have to play the tuba.


No comments:

Post a Comment