Friday, April 20, 2012

Elizabeth Taylor's Makeup

Hello, my gorgeous fans. I am ALWAYS looking at my favorite celebrity's makeup: in their movies, in photo-shoots, in paparazzi photos, etc, but I think the woman who has one of the most iconic makeup looks of all time is Elizabeth Taylor. I mean, her makeup in Cleopatra (the "historical" epic that brought her and her soon to be hubby, Richard Burton together) basically set the trend for makeup of the 60s. I know the Cleo look is the most popular, but my favorite OVER THE TOP Liz Taylor makeup is in a movie called Doctor Faustus. The movie is the story of Faust, starring Richard Burton as Doctor Faust and Elizabeth Taylor in a silent role as the various love interests of Richard Burton. Anyway, the movie was a flop, but Liz's makeup, hair and costumes were NOT! Her makeup was done by Frank La Rue, who Liz used for a a bunch of her films in the 60s. He also did Marilyn Monroe's makeup in The Misfits. I know it's over the top, but I love it...


1 comment:

  1. Frank LaRue was my great uncle on my father's side. His sister married my dad's uncle. I have found little to no information on him and would like to.

    ReplyDelete