Monday, April 30, 2012

NYX Haul: Makeup Review

Hello, gorgeous fans! So, I got VERY excited today because a cosmetics store that just opened by my house carries NYX! For those of you who don't know, NYX is a relatively new brand that is the token brand of RuPaul's Drag Race. It is a low priced brand that has some fabulous stuff. I recently reviewed the Jumbo Pencils, and today I got some other stuff.

I'll start with the eye shadow palettes I got. I purchased one Triple Eye Shadow set with Nude, Taupe and Dark Brown (TS03). The nude color is really wonderful, and is found in many of their more neutral palettes, which is nice because it's a color I personally like to use a lot. It is mostly matte, but has a slight shimmer. The Taupe has a slight shimmer to it, which I like. It looks really beautiful when blended with the Dark Brown in the set, which is matte. Good Triple Eye Shadow set ($7, good deal!). The only thing I don't like is the cheapo applicator that comes with it. It ruins the presentation, which is nice.


I bought two more neutral eye shadow palettes, because I was running out of all my neutral colors, oddly enough. NYX has this "Caribbean Collection" right now, which is 5 eye shadows for $9. GOOD deal, especially because they're good shadows. The first one is "I Dream of St. Kitt"(ESP5C03), which is a more silvery neutral palette. It has that nude color in it that I like so much, a more orange-brown color, a brown with silver glitter in it, a matte white and a silvery dark brown. The nude color, is again, great. The organgy brown color isn't my thing, but is totally usable. I love, love, love this brown with the tiny silver shimmers in it. It's so pretty. The matte white is a good matte white, and the silvery, matte brown is wonderful too. Again, don't like the cheap applicator that comes with it, great palette though.



The last palette I bought (also $9) is the I Dream of St. Marteen (ESP5C02). This one has more godly colors in it. I know it might seem silly that I got both of those SORT of similar palettes, but I like the subtle difference in undertones. Anyway, this has a warm, dark brown, a gorgeous goldy taupe color, and light, shimmery brown, that nude, which I love and am happy to have more of, and then a really great, bronzy color. Again, this palette is great, I think all the colors are very usable and can easily blended together etc.


Last, but not lease, I bought a jumbo lip pencil, in almond. I've been intrigued by the idea of a creamy, jumbo lip pencil and have seen other brands do them, but was hesitant to spend $20 on one. These are $4.50 and they work really well with a catch. Do NOT apply them using them like a pencil. I did that and it applied terribly and I was like, "Huh?!?!" So I took it off and reapplied with a lip brush and it looked lovely. This color actually goes on SO neutral and not orange at all, which is exactly what I wanted, especially for summer. Anyway, NYX is great, and half, if not a third of the price of other brands, so check it out!!





No comments:

Post a Comment